Recipe by morelhunter
This is really delicious and everyone loves it. I usually put all of the veggies (but potatoes)in the food processor and chop fine. You'll be surprised at the flavor.
Top Review by Tish
This was a very good potato soup. I ended up undercooking 1/2 of the pot and freezing it for future use. It was aromatic and yummy. My husband says it's definitely a 4 star. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 potatoes, cubed
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, add the celery, carrot, onion, parsley salt, pepper, potatoes and stock.
- Cover, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 min.
- until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the bacon.
- Mix the flour into the milk until well blended.
- Add to the soup and stir well.
- Add the cheese and heat until melted.