This is a tart pimiento cheese because of the very sharp cheese plus the addition of the vinegar, and the lemon pepper. If you like tangy foods, then this is a very good recipe to try! We have never gone back to store bought pimiento cheese after this recipe. My aunt's mother-in-law invented this spread and we have been eating it for years.
- Bring vinegar to a boil in the microwave.
- Add flour to vinegar and stir to make a paste.
- Add softened cream cheese to above mixture and stir thouroughly.
- Add all other ingredients except cheese to above mixture and mix well.
- Grate the cheese with manual cheese grater or in your food proccessor.
- Add cheese into mixture and mix well.
- Serve on bread as a sandwich or on crackers, wheat thins, etc.