Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Possibly the best tasting recipe ever for Macaroni & Cheese. It is also the easiest. Charlie and I can eat the whole bowl in one sitting. We absolutely love this recipe!
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- konriko hot 'n spicy creole seasoning, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Spread butter on bottom of casserole dish.
- Add rest of ingredients except for the water in a large bowl.
- Mix together well then place in buttered casserole dish.
- Add the boiling water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Let set for about 10 minutes before serving.
Maybe not best ever but easiest ever. I hate cooking macaroni and this worked well. I had some cottage cheese and a craving for mac and cheese so this was perfect. I used ruffles pasta. Clueless on the seasoning so used about 1/2 tsp sriracha and 1 tsp yellow prepared mustard. Also added 2 eggs but that might not have been my best idea ever. Need to make sure the pasta is evenly distributed.
LOVED the ease of this recipe!!! Didn't change a thing and even my son, who hates cottage cheese, raved about it many, many times throughout dinner and said I need to make this more often. Thank you for a fun, easy and delicious recipe!
5 stars for ease of prep and taste! Loved that I didn't have to cook the macaroni first! Also, for those who are unsure as I was, 12 oz shredded cheese is approx 3 cups. I used a couple different kinds of cheese, odds and ends I had left over. Also, I skipped the hot sauce. The last 10 minutes I threw some panko on top - uncovered - and browned under the broiler. This added the crunchy crust I so love on Mac and Cheese. Next time I think I will substitute 1 cup of hot milk for 1 of the cups of water to make it creamier. A nice alternative to high fat mac and cheeses! Thanks for posting!!