Recipe by Jb Tyler, TX
This is the tastiest Guacamole. Simple, yet delicious. I was told that this recipe lets the avacado taste shine, some recipes add several spices....cumin, chili powder, etc. I was hesitant, (to make such a bland sounding recipe) but gave it a try. It really is delicious. Use avacados that yield to gentle pressure....not too soft.
Top Review by Jessica Em
This dip is delicious. Exactly what I was looking for in a guac. I used black pepper because I don't have white pepper, and I used lemon juice because I didn't have lime juice. Still, it's the avocado that counts, and it really does shine through in this recipe.
- 2 ripe avocados (small bumpy ones, Not Large smooth ones)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (yellow or red onion)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic, dice onions (use more if necessary). Cut avacados and scoop out contents into glass bowl. Add onion and garlic. Using 2 knives cross-cut mixture until you have small chunks, then mash with a fork. Squeese in 1/2 the lime, white pepper and salt. Taste, and use remaining lime juice if needed. Chill covered.
- Garnish for serving with a few pieces of cilantro and small dices of tomato.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a side with Mexican dishes.