Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like this recipe because you make the dough one day and bake the next. After you frig it over night the dough is easier to work with. I got this recipe from my sister, she's the one that told me to frig the dough overnight.
- Mix the butter ( I melt it in the microwave) and cream cheese ( I mix by hand with a wooden spoon, but any spoon would work).
- Add vanilla and the egg mix together.
- Add the Butter flavor cake mix.
- Put in the frig overnight.
- The next day.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet very lightly ( if you use parchment paper don't spray cookie sheet, I prefer the parchment paper).
- Roll dough into balls (about the size of a walnut), roll into powdered sugar.
- Put onto cookie sheet ( I put them 3 in a roll and space out, and only have 4 rolls).
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Let stand on cookie sheet for a few minutes.
- Then remove and let cool.
Sure did appreciate the ease of this cookie. Made them before bed, and baked before I put DS on the bus. That works! :) I made these for DS's school party, and had to promise to send the recipe to 3 of the moms...LOL I softened my butter, instead of melting and I honestly forgot to roll them in sugar before baking, but they were just fine with the dusting I gave them, while cooling. Mine varied in size, and I should have put the dough back in the fridge, between batches, as they spread more when they're warm to start. My yield was 56 cookies, which I thought was great! Going in my 'Kids' AND 'Keeper' files! Thanks for sharing a quick and easy recipe, Coffee lover!
YUM!!! I made the batter up last night, used 1/2 t almond extract, did not melt butter, just softened and left in fridge over night. Baked these lil gems (at 350 for 9 mins) up this morn and not sure that there will be any left for others tonight! ;) Winner of a recipe CoffeeLover!
This recipe didn't work for me.