Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This makes the best ever donairs - it comes from the first restaurant to sell donairs in Nova Scotia. Everyone raves about it!!
- 1⁄4 cup Accent seasoning
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 lbs ground beef
- Flatten 3 pounds of hamburger on counter top & sprinkle with the above ingredients. Work all spices into the hamburger well,and form into a ball. Place on a cookis sheet that will fit over a cake pan, or a pan that the fat will drip off of. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on your oven.
- 3/4°C Evaporated Milk 2 Capsfull Vinegar.
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar.
- Mix together until thickens & place in fridge.
- When the meat is done, use the fat from the meat to slightly brown Lebanese bread in frying pan. (You can buy donair bread at the store or make your own) Cut meat in slices, place on top of heated Lebanese bread. Top with chopped onions and tomato then put sauce on top.Roll up.Be ready for a wonderful treat!