Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This chicken is my fiance's favorite. It is so easy to make and tastes delicious. I sometimes kick up the flavor by adding paprika, garlic powder and a little cayenne to the soup mix before pouring over chicken. Low fat soup and fat-free or low fat milk works great! You will not be disappointed.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- lemon pepper seasoning
- vegetable oil cooking spray or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- additional water or milk, as necessary
- hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper seasoning to taste on both sides.
- Brown (do not cook through) chicken on both sides in a pan coated with the spray Place chicken in crock pot coated with the spray.
- In a bowl, mix contents of soup can, water and milk until no longer separated Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Add more milk or water to ensure liquid in crock pot covers chicken Cook chicken over low heat for 6 hours.
- To thicken sauce, place in small saucepan, add a cornstarch slurry, and bring to a boil. Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice.
This was absolutely wonderful, my son and his girlfriend loved it. She works graveryard and he meets her for her lunch hour. I packed this up for him with a couple of dinner candles and he presented her with a candlelight tailgate dinner.
I'm sorry, but our family did not care for this dish. Simplicity, yes, but really tasted like cream of chicken soup. The lemon pepper did not stand out at all and I thought I was pretty generous with the seasoning before it cooked. Oh well, certainly a 5 star for ease!
I used only two chicken breasts, but they were on the big side and cut them each in half... I kept all the other ingredients the same since my DH likes lots of sauce/gravy on his rice... I liberally sprinkled lemon pepper on the breasts, but we could hardly taste it after cooking... A little fresh lemon juice squeezed on right before serving might help "freshen" the flavors up... A very easy meal to throw together and it tasted good served with buttered rice and green beans, but didn't really "wow" us... I did not thicken the sauce before serving, since it seemed thick enough for us at the end of cooking time... Thanks for sharing!!!