2 hrs 30 mins
This rice pudding is our best! I find all others fails me, as they burn easily. With the cold winds coming in from Northern Canada, and my husbands hockey season started, what other comfort food serves better than this...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover raisins with hot water for 30 minutes, drain and reserve.
- 2In heavy saucepan combine 4 cups milk, vanilla bean, sugar and salt.
- 3Bring to a boil, stir in rice, simmer over low heat, covered, till tender (40-50 minutes).
- 4Remove vanilla bean, scrape seeds into rice.
- 5In bowl, whisk together egg, egg yolks& 1 1/2 cups milk.
- 6Stir egg mixture& raisins into rice.
- 7(If using vanilla extract, add it now.) Place rice in buttered baking dish.
- 8Place in larger pan& add hot water to reach halfway up sides of baking dish.
- 9Bake in preheated 400 degrees F.
- 10oven 25 min.
- 11Stir, bake 25 min.
- 13Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 14Bake 25 min.
- 16Remove dish from water bath.
- 17Serve warm or cold with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Ever Creamy Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 99.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: