Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another one of my mother in law's recipes. It is my absolute favorite dish that she makes! Please try this..You'll be hooked!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or with bones)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, approximate
- 4 -5 pieces bread
- white rice or yellow rice
- Boil chicken until white and then cut chicken into small pieces.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a large deep pan and pour the broccoli into it.
- Sprinkle chicken over top of the broccoli.
- In a med. bowl combine the mayo, two cans of soup, curry powder, salt, and sherry.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Top w/ the shredded cheese.
- Toast the pieces of bread.
- Melt about half a stick of butter in the microwave (add enough butter to lightly soak the bread pieces) Cube the pieces of bread and throw them in the butter.
- Lightly mix.
- Put the bread mixture on top of the casserole.
- Bake approx 40 minutes.
- Serve over white/ yellow rice and homemade biscuits!