Recipe by KathyLRichey
After trying and trying different cheesecake recipes, I formulated one of my own. I do believe this is the perfect cheesecake. Very simple with a wonderful taste. You will need a 10 inch springform pan and to prepare a basic graham cracker crust beforehand.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
June 16, 2012: Since stumbling across this recipe 7 years ago, I have not tried ANY other baked cheesecake. This is the BEST cheesecake ever! And, I do use it with your recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/graham-cracker-crust-116887 for the crust. Simply amazing! I am making it again per DH's request for Father's Day. Thank you!!!
April 17, 2005: What a cheesecake! And I do think this is the best baked plain cheesecake I have ever had. I saw the picture on the front page of Zaar, and knew I had to have it. Mine didnt turn out as brown as yours is, but it was browned a little and it was wonderful! Creamy and perfect in every way for me! Thanks so much!
- 20 ounces cream cheese (2 1/2- 8 ounce packages)
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I like to use fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add cornstarch, whipping cream and salt.
- Mix on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour into prepared 10 inch crust in springform pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Allow to cool in oven with door ajar for 1 hour.
- Remove and cool on rack until cheesecake reaches room temperature.
- Chill 12 hours before removing from pan.
- Top with desired fruit.