Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of our favorites! My 7 year old absolutely loves it! This is probably my most requested recipe of all time.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, washed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped (Romas have few, if any seeds)
- 1 medium chopped purple onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 chopped avocados
- 3 -4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Tostitos Scoops, 2 bags (optional, not needed if you're serving as a salad)
- Mix all the vegetables, adding the avocado last or add avocado as you serve it to avoid browning.
- Combine lime juice, salt, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and pepper in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve as a salad or with chips.
We loved this recipe! I used it as a platform for some necessary changes based on items in pantry (or lack thereof). I used green onions instead of the purple and pureed the cilantro with the dressing. I didn't have tomatoes so I went to pantry to get canned tomatoes, nope didn't have those either so I added a few TBLS of pace salsa. I have this marinating in the fridge for a party tonight and I KNOW it will be well received by my friends too. Thanks for posting!