Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
BBQ Ribs are my passion!!! I've tried several different rib recipes & I have an earlier Rib recipe posted on Zaar, but this even beats that one!!! First of all, DO NOT BOIL RIBS!!!...it takes away the flavor & is just plain WRONG!!! Second, they shouldn't "fall-off-the-bone"...they should be tender, but sort of "SNAP-OFF" the bone!!! Third, everyone has their own favorite "rub" & "sauce"...give Randy's Rib Rub and/or Randy's Damn Good Barbecue Sauce or use whatever works best for YOU!!! I prefer my ribs smoked, but that's me. These ribs are good either way!!! You can mop them with sauce is desired, but I prefer not to. PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY.
- 1 -2 pork rib rack (Baby Back or St. Louis)
- seasoning (Rib Rub)
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Cut ribs in half & generously apply rub on both sides, massaging it into the meat.
- Wrap each half tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place each in a shallow pan with sides.
- Bake for 3 hours.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- NOTE: If you want them BROWNED, carefully remove the ribs from the foil. Place under broiler or on grill until desired, but watch carefully so not to burn -- 10-12 minutes each side should be sufficient.
- NOTE 2: If you want them SMOKED, carefully remove the ribs from the foil. Place on grill, using indirect method -- smoke for about an hour. I recommend Apple or Hickory.
- DO NOT soak wood chips/chunks in water! Wood doesn't absorb much water, so all you're doing is cooling off the coals.