Recipe by Japanese Delight
I had originally made a zaar recipe, but then realized I had made a HUGE mistake and it turned out FANTASTIC. The toffee has the best soft crunch. I made it again correctly and it was not as good, so with the mistake I think I can call it my own now??
- 453.59 g butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chocolate chips
- 1 chopped cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water, and salt.
- Cook to hard-crack stage (300°F) stirring constantly and watching carefully.
- Immediately pour into foil lined and greased 13"x9" pan.
- Melt chips in a bowl in the microwave in increments of 30-15 seconds, stirring well in between until chips pretty much melted.
- Spatula the chocolate onto the toffee and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the nuts.
- To be able to break in nice squares if you'd like, after the toffee has set a little while (15-20 min or so) use a pizza cutter to score the candy.
- Cool until hard.