Recipe by Jimmbob1
I remembered this recipe from a eatery I worked at for years. Its the best enchilada sauce I ever had. This makes 6 gallons. I can up what I don't use right away.
- 5 gallons water
- 3 quarts ketchup, number 10 can
- 1 lb beef base, the gooey kind
- 3 cups chili powder
- 1 cup granulated garlic
- 1 cup ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup onion powder
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (16 ounce) box cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ketchup and water and all other items in a large pot, except the 2 quarts of water and cornstarch.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 5 minute.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together and add while stirring. It will thicken up in a minute or 2.
- Thats it, ENJOY !