Recipe by BJW
I have made this cake for years...Got the recipe from an elderly church lady.. This is a no fail favorite..
- 18 ounces fudge cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe preferred)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (non-dairy whipped dessert topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour a 13 x 9" cake pan.
- Mix cake according to box instuctions and bake as directed.
- As soon as you remove cake from oven, poke holes with a fork all over the cake, pour chocolate syrup from can evenly all over top of cake and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When cool, spread with cool whip and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This is a great recipe!