1/51 Photos of The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Chris from Kansas's Note:
I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn't call for any unusual ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- 1In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- 2Add beef and toss.
- 3In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- 4Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- 5Return beef to pan.
- 6Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
- 7Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 8Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 731.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless round steak