1/2 Photos of The Best Easter Chocolate Brownies Ever!
Um Safia's Note:
This is our family recipe for chocolate brownies that we make for Easter. They never hang around long so I try to make at least 2 batches at a time! These are incredibly easy to make - the kids can make them without any fuss!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (best quality)
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar (I often reduce to 1 3/4)
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Melt the margarine in a large heatproof bowl in the microwave.
- 2Add the sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Mix well then beat in the eggs.
- 3Fold in the sifted flour, baking powder & finally the walnuts if you're using them.
- 4Pour into a dish (approx 9x13) lined with greased tin foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C / 350F for 30-40 minutes (depend on how gooey you like them!).
- 5Allow to cool completely before icing.
- 6To make the icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Carefully add a little water at a time until you have a nice thick icing.
- 7Carefully spoon over the brownie and spread out evenly using a pallet knife. Allow the icing to set for a few minutes before adding the sprinkles (so they don't absorb moisture and leach out).
- 8Score into approx 2" squares using a sharp knife and place a chocolate mini egg in the centre of each square.
- 9When the icing has set you can then cut the brownie into the squares.
- 10Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Easter Chocolate Brownies Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (1375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 158.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g