Recipe by Ridgely
This chicken is basted with a buttery herb sauce that is out of this world!
Top Review by MeganMuffins
Barbecue chicken is a favorite at my house and this recipe was excellent! The chicken was packed with flavors from grilling along with the herbs and other ingredients. It came out so tender and juicy that we were licking our fingers while eating it! This really is darn good! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 -2 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 lb margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the chicken as indicated then wash in cold water and dry with paper towels.
- In medium size saucepan, melt the margarine over a medium low heat, adding all of the other ingredients.
- The reason for using margarine instead of butter is to reduce the burning while cooking.
- When the mixture has heated through, let the mixture set awhile to let the flavors marry.
- Make sure your charcoal is gray-white before starting to grill.
- One other implement is needed-- a bottle of water to douse the flames (and there will be flames).
- Dip each piece of chicken into the sauce until covered than place on the grill about 10 inches from the coal.
- You will have flame-ups, but dont worry about it, that is normal-just keep dousing with water and you will have lots of smoke.
- The smoke is the real secret to the great flavor.
- Let the chicken cook for about 45 minutes, turning and dipping in the sauce about every 5 minutes or so.
- This recipe requires constant attention- dont walk away.