1/1 Photo of The Best Darn Way to Barbecue Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
This chicken is basted with a buttery herb sauce that is out of this world!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the chicken as indicated then wash in cold water and dry with paper towels.
- 2In medium size saucepan, melt the margarine over a medium low heat, adding all of the other ingredients.
- 3The reason for using margarine instead of butter is to reduce the burning while cooking.
- 4When the mixture has heated through, let the mixture set awhile to let the flavors marry.
- 5Make sure your charcoal is gray-white before starting to grill.
- 6One other implement is needed-- a bottle of water to douse the flames (and there will be flames).
- 7Dip each piece of chicken into the sauce until covered than place on the grill about 10 inches from the coal.
- 8You will have flame-ups, but dont worry about it, that is normal-just keep dousing with water and you will have lots of smoke.
- 9The smoke is the real secret to the great flavor.
- 10Let the chicken cook for about 45 minutes, turning and dipping in the sauce about every 5 minutes or so.
- 11This recipe requires constant attention- dont walk away.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Darn Way to Barbecue Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.9
- Calories from Fat 756
- Total Fat 84.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 834.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 29.7 g