This recipe comes from my long time friend, Tracy. I really can not believe she shared it with me.....all this time, I thought she cast some magic spell over the frying pan to make them taste so good! Turns out it was just the saltine crackers! The mystery is over...... Do keep in mind, that this is NOT a "batter" recipe (if you love breading, you may want to try something else). The coating is light and crispy and you end up with more coverage on the 'interior' part of the pepper than the exterior. I think they are wonderful this way!
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat vegetable oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- 2In medium bowl, mix together equal parts corn meal and crushed saltines.
- 3Prepare another shallow bowl of buttermilk.
- 4Dip banana peppers in buttermilk.
- 5Coat with cornmeal/cracker mixture.
- 6Fry in veg oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- 7Drain/cool slightly on paper towels.
- 8Enjoy alone or with cocktail sauce!
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Damned Fried Banana Peppers Ever
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g