Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make it in advance, refridgerate until cold and add the cashews just before serving. From "Barefoot Contessa" cookbook.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, bone in,skin on
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup major grey chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup medium-diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion, white and green parts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the chicken breasts on a pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- Sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice the chicken in large bite size pieces.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder and 1 1/2 t.salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Process until smooth.
- Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well.
- Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavours to blend.
- Add the cashews and serve the salad at room temperature.
Delicious, even without cashews! I set the recipe to 6 servings and used 2 chicken breast halves that had been slow-poached. Thanks for posting!
I just watched Ina make this on her show this morning so I'm glad I found the recipe on here! I don't keep chutney so I just used apricot preserved and I think it did the trick. If you don't want to go to all the trouble with whole chickens just use the frozen breasts...saute them in curry powder and it's even easier! YUM!
This is a great and easy recipe. I actually subsituted the white wine for white wine vinagar and it turned out great. I also added dry cranberries instead of raisins.