Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Make it in advance, refridgerate until cold and add the cashews just before serving. From "Barefoot Contessa" cookbook.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, bone in,skin on
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup major grey chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup medium-diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion, white and green parts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the chicken breasts on a pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- Sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice the chicken in large bite size pieces.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder and 1 1/2 t.salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Process until smooth.
- Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well.
- Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavours to blend.
- Add the cashews and serve the salad at room temperature.