Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My grandmother, mother and aunts have made this for years, make it and you will see why. It freezes great.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flat baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipping cream (like Rich Whip)
- In a mixer with the beaters attached place; oil, vanilla sugar, margarine, sugar and flour.
- Mix on medium speed until coarse crumbs form.
- Remove 3/4 cup crumbs and set aside.
- To remaining crumbs in mixer add baking powder, eggs and whipping cream.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place in two 9-inch round aluminum pans or 1 9x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350°F until ready 45-1 hour (or check; when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry).