Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This makes a great gravy! The first time I ate this, DH made it for me...I honestly thought I would have trouble getting this meal down...Oh My Gosh....the gravy is wonderful!!!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1 roast (I use pork, but can use any type meat)
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot.
- I put it on low-- for approx 8 hours.
- When it's done-- you have a wonderful gravy!
This is a family favorite. The only change I would recommend cutting bac the water by a cup. When crockpot cooking, you don't need a lot of liquid because it produces it own. Remove roast and place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm while preparing gravy. To thicken gravy, use cornstarch and a little water. Turn crockpot to high and blend in cornstarch mixture.
Made this for supper tonight, but I didn't have the cream of celery soup so I substituted cream of broccoli! Also, I added only one can of water. It was delicious! I served it with new potatoes and steamed broccoli! I'll certainly be making it again, and will use the cream of celery soup next time. Thanks for sharing !
What a great and easy way to make a roast. I added potatoes, carrots, celery and onions to mine and it was wonderful. After a few hours you can smell it in the whole house, it's pure torture.