Recipe by Shelby, the wannabe chef
The best barbecue ribs I've ever had. The best thing is is it's simplicity-throw this together in 5 minutes in the morning, turn it on, and have it ready for dinner. Probably my favorite recipe of mine- a definite must-try :]
- 4 lbs bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs apart, if necessary and trim; sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt evenly over ribs, and set aside.
- In a medium to large bowl, stir together remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour half of mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Place ribs in slow cooker and pour remaining mixture over ribs.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours.