Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the frosting recipe most used by my mom!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup stick margarine (softened*) or 1⁄4 cup butter (softened*)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Frosts one 13 × 9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts one 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake. Refrigerate any remaining frosting.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Add 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled, with the margarine.