Recipe by Sheynath
One recipe of this is never enough in our family, we always have to double or triple the batch. Cook time is actually chilling time.
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
This was very good - I made a couple of changes based on what I had on hand - I used a can on Rotel tomatoes, well drained, plus 1 can diced tomatoes well drained instead of fresh due to the staggering cost of fresh (and unimpressive-looking) tomatoes at the store. Since I used the Rotel tomatoes, which are quite spicy, I omitted the Tabasco sauce. I will make this again, but will probably use black beans instead. There was nothing wrong with the black-eyed peas in this recipe - I just love black beans! Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #15.
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 -5 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the avocado.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for several hours, or overnight.
- Peel and dice the avocados just before serving.
- Add avocado to remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Adjust amounts of any ingredients to your preferred taste.