Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was given this recipe by a friend many years ago and though I've seen other variations of this recipe, none have topped this one. I haven't met a person yet who is able to resist these. They are best eaten warm with a cold glass of milk. :-) Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (be generous with the vanilla)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 8 ounces baking chocolate (if you subsitute chocolate chips, it is not nearly as good or as smooth)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cocoa and salt.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla (again, be generous with the vanilla, extra vanilla almost always improves the flavor:-)).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (I like my brownies a little gooey).
- Allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Cream butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix well.
- Smooth on top of brownies.
- Finally, in a double broiler, melt baking chocolate and Crisco until smooth and runny. Drizzle over top of the cookie dough filling on the brownies, making sure that the entire top is coated with chocolate.
- Allow it to set until chocolate is firm (it's hard to cut with the chocolate still runny, though I know it will be hard to resist eating right then and there. If you are in a hurry you can stick it in the refrigerator (or place it outside on your porch if it is cold outside like it always was in AK where I made them. :-)).
I used my own brownie recipe but the topping and concept is so sinfully good!
I liked them a lot, but the BF wasn't a fan; I think he was put off by the uncooked cookie layer.
These are amazing!! I took these into work and all but one corner was gone, mind you I only work with about 10 people!! Very very rich brownies but I would make them again no question!