This is the cake I've reserved all through 2002, just to welcome 2003! My guests are in for a treat and can you imagine, I've waited the whole year long to post this:) Try it! It lives up to its name, IMO.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (heaped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine flour, coffee granules, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large sized bowl.
- Mix well.
- Keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat an egg until light and frothy.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture alternating with the sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch cake tin.
- Bake at 180C for 40 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- Slice and serve for a wonderful breakfast dish to go with your morning or afternoon coffee.
- Enjoy while you sing- Ring out the old, Ring in the new, Ring Happy Bells across the snow!
- Happy New Year!