Michele Lee's Note:
Got this recipe from a Family Circle magazine years ago. I am so glad I found it, it is one of my favorite recipes and is always a hit!! Note: Servings and yields are estimated as it depends on what size shrimp you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dipping Sauce:.
- 2In small bowl combine all ingredients. Stir till smooth. If makeing ahead of time and refrigerating, return to room temp before serving.
- 3Coconut Shrimp:. Buy shrimp cleaned and with the tails Left On --
- 41. Rinse shrimp in cool water and pat dry.
- 52. In food processor, combine almonds and 2/3 cup of coconut. Pulse till finely ground.
- 63. In medium size shallow dish, blend together almond-coconut mixture, remaining coconut and flour.
- 74. In small bowl whisk together eggs and salt. Set up assembly line for coating shrimp.
- 85.Dip a few pieces in eggs, allowing excess to drip back in bowl. Then coat in in coconut mixture gently pressing with hands to help it adhere.
- 96. Place on waxed paper lined bakeing sheet. At this point You can cover in plastic wrap and store till ready to fry. (I have done it to this point about 5 hours in advance with no problems).
- 107. Heat oil to 375 degrees on deep fry thermometer, if you don't have a thermometer, fry a 1 inch bread cube. It should crisp up golden brown in 30 - 40 seconds.
- 118. Fry shrimp a few at a time, 1 to 2 minutes, till golden brown.
- 129. Remove with slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels.
- 13Serve warm shrimp with dipping sauce and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Coconut Shrimp Ever
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.9 mg
- Sodium 461.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g