Recipe by TheNextGreatestChef
I love clams and my friends and I decided to have everybody make a clam dish. One of my friends made this and it was better than any thing I have ever tasted. These are the only clams I eat now. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by GzNKz4evr
I love clams and wanted a cream sauce. This recipe was fairly easy and very much worth it. I would have added a little cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce just a bit. I also served with garlic bread on the side and the clams over linguini! It was very good! Thanks very much!
- 2 lbs of and kind clams (I used littleneck)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, torn
- salt and pepper
- grilled bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Stir in shallots and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato and keep cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in clams and half of the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan until the clams are open.
- Stir in the rest of the basil.
- Serve in large bowls with grilled bread.