Recipe by Laurenhanna
So refreshing and super easy! I threw it together for the first time and my tastebuds were tingling from its blast of fruity citrus! The best salmon I've ever tasted!! great summer dish for grilling too! - Usually served with steamed or stir fried, veggies and a little brown rice!
Top Review by Susie D
The citrus notes do carry through in the recipe. I used cooking spray instead of the spreadable butter & was more liberal with the cayenne and was happy with the result. The zests & chives on top added color too. Served with Recipe #417235. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter (spreadable)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chives (fresh is best, but dried will do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 450f.
- line and baking sheet with foil, place salmon in center, skin down, and spread the butter over the fillet, as evenly as you can.
- sprinkle cayenne, chives, oregano, salt, & pepper, and lastly the zests, over top of the fillet.
- wrap and cover pretty tightly with foil. bake for 12- 15 min or until salmon flakes in the center. enjoy!