Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a fairly large recipe, but makes the best cinnamon buns i ever had. Crispy tops!!! and soft and goey buns
- 3 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 5 ml dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Scald milk. Stir in margarine, the 6 Tbsp sugar and salt. Cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve the 1 tsp sugar in water. Sprinkle yeast over water mixture. Let stand in warm place for 10 minutes. Stir.
- In large mixing bowl, combine lukewarm milk mixture and eggs. Stir in dissolved yeast. Add 4-5 cups of the flour and beat well for 10 minutes.
- With wooden spoon, gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on to lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour as needed (This is a soft dough).
- Place in well greased bowl and roll dough over to grease the top. Cover with damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about one hour.
- Punch down and turn out on lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. To fill, roll out each piece of dough into 9 x 18 inch rectangle.
- Spread ¼ cup of margarine evenly onto each rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle onto the rectangles.
- Roll dough up like a jelly roll, starting from the long side.
- Cut into 2 inch slices.
- Place remaining ¼ cup of melted margarine in bottom of 16.5 x 11.5 x 2.5 inches. Arrange slices in pan and cover loosely with greased wax paper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F after 45 minutes of proofing.
- Let rise in pan until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes. Bake at 350 F for 35 to 40 minutes (REMOVE WAX BEFORE BAKING. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto a serving tray.