Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and it is great.
Make and share this The Best Chocolate Souffle Ever recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter soufflé dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- Knock out any excess sugar.
- Divide the egg yolks from the egg whites Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water (or a double-boiler, if you have one), stirring until the chocolate is melted and uniformly smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat and stir in yolks.
- Beat whites in a large bowl until they just hold soft peaks.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar, a little at a time, continuing to beat, then beat at a higher speed until whites just hold stiff peaks.
- Stir about 1 cup whites into chocolate mixture to lighten, then gently yet thoroughly fold mixture into remaining whites.
- Transfer mixture into soufflé dish.
- Bake in center of oven until it appears cooked and crusted on top but is still jiggly in center (roughly 25 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
I used to make souffles with the same recipe. I'm glad I found it again. Definitely serve with vanilla bean ice cream. I use semisweet chocolate instead and then don't add the sugar.