Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are THE best cookies ever made! They are soft and chewy, and filled with melt in your mouth choc chips. The ground oats give them a subtle oatmeal flavour and delicious texture. I invented the recipe trying to duplicate Mrs Field's cookie and these cookies are definitely as good.. dare i say BETTER, than Mrs Fields. Watch them disappear in seconds!!
- 0.28 lb butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 0.22 lb milk chocolate chips
- 0.22 lb white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C Place the oats in a food processor and process into a powder. Place into a medium bowl and stir in the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and the sugars together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, then add the egg and beat. Stir in the vanilla.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and then fold in the chocolate chips (you should have a soft sticky mixture not a dough).
- Scoop golf ball sized portions of the cookie mix spaced 2 inches apart onto lined baking trays. Bake for 9-12 minutes, no more (cookies will continue to cook when taken out of oven). Let cool on trays for 7 minutes and then place on racks to cool completely.
We all just loved these! I added in some macadamia nuts for added crunch and taste, and the kids went crazy over them. I had to slap my DH's hand to keep him out of the container until company arrived!