1/2 Photos of The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
These are THE best cookies ever made! They are soft and chewy, and filled with melt in your mouth choc chips. The ground oats give them a subtle oatmeal flavour and delicious texture. I invented the recipe trying to duplicate Mrs Field's cookie and these cookies are definitely as good.. dare i say BETTER, than Mrs Fields. Watch them disappear in seconds!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 160°C Place the oats in a food processor and process into a powder. Place into a medium bowl and stir in the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 2Beat the butter and the sugars together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, then add the egg and beat. Stir in the vanilla.
- 3Gently stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and then fold in the chocolate chips (you should have a soft sticky mixture not a dough).
- 4Scoop golf ball sized portions of the cookie mix spaced 2 inches apart onto lined baking trays. Bake for 9-12 minutes, no more (cookies will continue to cook when taken out of oven). Let cool on trays for 7 minutes and then place on racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g