Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A chocolate lover’s best friend
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking sheets or spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and stir it with a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter until it is lighter in color. Slowly add in sugars and beat until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat until they are incorporated. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture using low speed, then stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.