Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Only Chocolate Chip cookie you should be having.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons mexican vanilla extract (OR REGULAR)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
cookies turned out very good. soft and chewy....yummmmm. finally a cookie recipe i will reuse. all i did different was soften the shortening to help cream it by hand and only used 1 1/2 cups of morsels (still was plenty).