Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are soft and very addictive, the pecans is what gives these cookies their special something. Found this recipe on another e-zine. The family favourite for chocolate chip cookies !
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In large mixing bowl, cream together sugars and oil.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in order listed,mixing after each.
- Dough will be sticky Mixing this dough gets tough as you add the last half of flour.
- You may need to change your mixer to dough hooks in the end, before you add the choc chips & pecans -- If you have a super heavy duty mixer you could easily double the recipe, otherwise it's better mixed in two separate batches.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer for ease of handling.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on middle rack in oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Let stand for two minutes; remove to wire.
- racks to cool completely.
- Notes: For best results, bake cookies on a pizza stone.
- You may have to increase the baking time to about 11 minutes, but do not overbake, as they will continue to harden after removing from oven.
- Bake only one sheet at a time.
These cookies are the best I have made and my office loved them. They asked for the recipe as well so they can make them for their friends and family. They are very addictive and my co-workers cleaned out the whole batch in less than 2 hours. They keep asking me to make more and when will I bring them in! Great cookies! Now I have too many friends!
Its my first time to make Choco Chip Cookies and I wasn't satisfied with the cookies that came up. They were'nt chewy, as said, and it didn't taste great. Well, I forgot to put salt, did it really change the taste of the whole thing? Or maybe its just my lack of experience in baking.