Recipe by Ridgely
To our family this is the best recipe we have ever come across for Chocolate Chip cookies and we have tried tons. Give it a try, see what you think! It makes quite a lot, but it is no problem for our family.*The key to make these exceptional cookies can be two things 1. don't pack the flour when scooping it, use a light hand and/or 2. use half all-purpose flour and half pastry flour (once I tried this method-"so good" I won't go back to all-purpose unless I'm out of pastry flour..it really makes for an exceptional cookie!)
Top Review by SaddleUp87
Made these last week, and they are outstanding! It does make a lot, but somehow there are only a handful left in my freezer...The only change I made to the recipe was to add more chocolate chips. 12 ounces just didn't seem like enough for all of that dough, so I upped it to 20 ounces and they came out beautifully! Thank you for posting my new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar and softened butter in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add baking soda, salt, vanilla and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice-cream scoop; drop cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes at 350°.
- Cookies will not look quite done.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Makes about 3 to 4 dozen depending on the size of your ice-cream scoop.