Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband's friends at work make requests for these cookies, they are super soft -- guaranteed to have a mouthful of chocolate chips in every bite.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (or 1/2 one large package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- With mixer, beat shortening and margarine until fluffy.
- Add sugars, beat until well blended.
- Beat in egg & vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, instant pudding.
- Stir well, add chocolate chips (I always use a heaping cup).
- Drop on cookie sheet, I love using an actual cookie scoop, level it off on the edge of the mixing bowl and set the flat side on the sheet - it makes the prettiest cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10ish minutes (until light brown).