Recipe by MarieRynr
These cookies are fabulous. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla icecream for a delicious treat! You may freeze the cookie dough prior to baking. Refrigerating the cookie dough enhances the flavours and helps the cookies keep their shape while they bake. Plan ahead as the dough needs to chill for 8 hours before baking.
Top Review by jjcat
This is a good cookie with a long wait (8 hrs in the cooler) but the liquor is a nice addition. My cookies cooked much faster than this recipe but my oven is very old. Really nice to have these in the freezer. Those of you who like a lot of dough with a few chips beware - 4 cups of chips is a lot but these cookies are really good.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico
- 1 tablespoon Tia Maria
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, Frangelico and Tia Maria in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually, mixing with a spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Chill, covered in the refrigerator, for 8 hours or up to several days.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325*F for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and serve warm.