Recipe by Rhonda *J*
I wrote this recipe down once while visiting a girl friend(she just had it on an index card) I hadn't even tried it and boy was i not sorry...this is the best! I get rave reviews whenever i make this. My sister in law has actually brought me all the ingredients on several occasions to make this for her to take to work, etc.. If you like cheesecake i do not think this will disappoint!
Top Review by unmistakable1
I made a graham cracker crust; used about 5 Tbs of melted butter and added in a couple Tbs of sugar. I also omitted the topping as I was out of sour cream; the flavors are very good already, so I don't think it really needs the topping! :o) The cream cheese flavor was a little strong for my tastes, so I think next time I'll use 2 pkgs of cream cheese and reduce the vanilla. Still very good, though!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (such as Eaglebrand)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine cookie crumbs& butter,press firmly on bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, beat in sweetened condensed milk,eggs& vanilla.
- In small bowl toss 1/2 cup of chocolate chips with flour, stir into cheesecake mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chips on top.
- Bake 1 hour, cool& chill.
- For topping beat one cup sour cream& 2tbsp.
- brown sugar,pour over cake,cook additional 10 mins.
- Drip(drizzle)melted semi-sweet chocolate over top.
- I usually decorate with fresh strawberries and serve slices with spray whipped cream. (* I always try to make my cheesecakes the night before as they are best refrigerated overnight!)