Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I wrote this recipe down once while visiting a girl friend(she just had it on an index card) I hadn't even tried it and boy was i not sorry...this is the best! I get rave reviews whenever i make this. My sister in law has actually brought me all the ingredients on several occasions to make this for her to take to work, etc.. If you like cheesecake i do not think this will disappoint!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (such as Eaglebrand)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine cookie crumbs& butter,press firmly on bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, beat in sweetened condensed milk,eggs& vanilla.
- In small bowl toss 1/2 cup of chocolate chips with flour, stir into cheesecake mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chips on top.
- Bake 1 hour, cool& chill.
- For topping beat one cup sour cream& 2tbsp.
- brown sugar,pour over cake,cook additional 10 mins.
- Drip(drizzle)melted semi-sweet chocolate over top.
- I usually decorate with fresh strawberries and serve slices with spray whipped cream. (* I always try to make my cheesecakes the night before as they are best refrigerated overnight!)
I made a graham cracker crust; used about 5 Tbs of melted butter and added in a couple Tbs of sugar. I also omitted the topping as I was out of sour cream; the flavors are very good already, so I don't think it really needs the topping! :o) The cream cheese flavor was a little strong for my tastes, so I think next time I'll use 2 pkgs of cream cheese and reduce the vanilla. Still very good, though!
This was great...even with the few changes I made. I was lazy and didn't want to go to the store for Oreos so I made a graham cracker crust. 2 of my cream cheese packages were low-fat and my condensed milk was non-fat. I did add a few more chocolate chips (probably negating my low-fat dairy choices). And, my dinner guests had to cancel...I won't admit how much of this cake I ate. But I didn't gain an ounce the next morning! That makes this recipe a keeper!
Made this for my husbands birthday, it was easy to put together and tasted great. I followed your directions exactly except that I put the topping on when it came of the oven and put it back in for 10 minutes right away, instead of waiting until it had cooled and chilled. My husband LOVED it! I couldn't find oreo cookie crumbs and I really didn't want to make my own, so I used chocolate grahm cracker crumbs. It worked out fine, but I know the oreo crumbs would have been way better. You could add just about anything to the base of the cheesecake, it is really versitle. Thanks!