Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe is one that my husband's family passed to me and it is absolutely wonderful and easy. Everyone that tries it loves it. Hope you do too!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces sour cream (room temp.)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips, semisweet
- 4 ounces baker sweet cooking German chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolates in large mixing bowl- Beat 1/2- 2 minutes.
- Grate German Chocolate bar (Or chop in a mini-chop or cuisinart-- this is much easier than grating).
- Add grated chocolate and chocolate chips to mixture.
- Pour into well-greased and floured bundt pan (most bundt pans are sized between 9" and 12" diameter).
- Cook at 350 degrees for 50- 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired) when cool.
Thanks for reissue this classic bundt recipes. It is a gem. But it is harder to find the larger size cakes mixes anymore as most are 16 oz. So I reduced the oven temp to 325, for the smaller volume and since the commonly found nordic bundt pans are dark--I didn't want to overbake.
We really enjoyed this cake---moist, and lots of chocolate flavor! I broke the German chocolate bar into pieces, then chopped it in the food processor. I used a French vanilla cake mix and French vanilla pudding mix, canola oil instead of Crisco oil, and milk chocolate chips (I'm not much of a semi-sweet chocolate fan). I think I'll try a chocolate cake mix next time, just to see if it is as much of a hit as the vanilla cake was. A keeper! Thanks, Mups!
What a great cake! I made this exactly as the recipe except i used vegetable oil . This is so easy to make. I usually are not fonf of cake mixes but I had a betty crocker chocolate box in the pantry so I looked for a recipe that used it. This came out so wonderful --I never would have guessed that it came from a mix recipe. Thanks Mups for this wonderful recipe which I will make again!