Recipe by Mups
This recipe is one that my husband's family passed to me and it is absolutely wonderful and easy. Everyone that tries it loves it. Hope you do too!
Top Review by jrolli1509
Thanks for reissue this classic bundt recipes. It is a gem. But it is harder to find the larger size cakes mixes anymore as most are 16 oz. So I reduced the oven temp to 325, for the smaller volume and since the commonly found nordic bundt pans are dark--I didn't want to overbake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces sour cream (room temp.)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips, semisweet
- 4 ounces baker sweet cooking German chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolates in large mixing bowl- Beat 1/2- 2 minutes.
- Grate German Chocolate bar (Or chop in a mini-chop or cuisinart-- this is much easier than grating).
- Add grated chocolate and chocolate chips to mixture.
- Pour into well-greased and floured bundt pan (most bundt pans are sized between 9" and 12" diameter).
- Cook at 350 degrees for 50- 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired) when cool.