Recipe by immysparx
I favour this cake because it's moist and if you add icing to it, has a wonderful flavour. It's now a family recipe that everyone in my family adores.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (essence)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄3 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- - Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. (160 degrees celcius fan forced).
- - Grease cake tin or line with baking paper.
- - Combine butter,extract,(essence)sugar,eggs,water,and sifted flour and cocoa powder in a biggish sized bowl;beat on low speed with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined.
- - Increase speed to medium and beat for abot 4 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and paler in colour.
- - Pour mixture into pan.
- - Bake uncovered for around about an hour.
- - Stand cake in pan for five minutes before taking it out of the tin.
- - Enjoy!