Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A co-worker brought into work. This is to die for!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 1⁄8 ounces butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- Fix cake per instructions on the box.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Punch several holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Combine condensed milk and carmel, reserve 1/2 cup, and drizzle over cake.
- Mix the reserved carmel/condensed milk mixture with the cool whip. And use as frosting.
- Top w/the crushed candy bar.
I made this cake for a church dinner. It was huge hit. Very rich and moist. Will definitely make it again...like...tomorrow!