Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Totally the Best!
Make and share this The Best Chocolate Cake! recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat ovento 350°F Prepare 2 round 9 inch cake pans by spraying with Pam, then sprinkle with flour and tap out the extra.
- In a large bowl sift all dry ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl combine Eggs, Milk, Vanilla,water and Oil.
- mix with an electric hand mixer until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the Flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Super wonderful! It's a staple!
This came out ok but fell apart within a minute. I had to struggle to cut out "pieces" out of the almost crumb like texture of this cake. Yet, the happy part was that even those went well and were enjoyed by all. However, it took a long time to bake and alot of patience of our part to get it on the dessert plate;). I baked this at 180C for 55 minutes. My suggestion is to cut down on the amount of water used in this recipe. Infact, I wanted to reduce it when mixing up the batter for the cake, but I hesitated as I didn't want to alter the recipe. I suggest adding a little water at a time and no more than 1/2 cup. I think then the cake would be more "firmer". Otherwise, its not a bad cake, at all, but there is room for improvement.