Recipe by AmandaAOates
This is the best chili recipe I have ever tried. I'm not sure where the recipe originated, but it is amazing! Sometimes, I don't bother adding all four cans of the kidney beans and it still turns out wonderful. Once anyone tastes this chili, they will be begging for the recipe!! Enjoy!
Top Review by BellesArizona
When you call yourself the Best, you have alot to live up to and this chili just doesn't live up to the hype. Way too sweet and far too much emphasis on beer and coffee for flavor. Chili should taste like chili.. smoky, slightly sweet, spicy and a warm bite. This just doesn't cut it for me. Sorry.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb beef sirloin, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can dark beer
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 4 chili peppers, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Cook onions, garlic and meat until brown.
- Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Add spices Stir in 2 cans of kidney beans and peppers.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add 2 remaining cans of kidney beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.