Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from my friend Marian. My boys, and their friends love this recipe. Perfect on a blustery day.
- 2 lbs ground beef (or chicken)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (796 ml) can diced tomatoes (28oz)
- 1 (156 ml) can tomato paste (5 1/2 oz)
- 1 (540 ml) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (19oz)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- oregano (dash)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash red hot sauce
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown beef, onions, and garlic until cooked through.
- Add remainder of ingredients and simmer all day - at this point you can place all ingredients in a slow cooker to simmer all day.
- To serve place a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese on top.