Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is what my next door neighbor gave me. I had some of it, and immediately came home and tossed out all of my old chili recipes. This is the only chili recipe I make anymore.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 32 ounces dark red kidney beans
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 bell pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces chili seasoning mix (about 1 1/2 packets)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 lemon (juiced)
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- Melt butter in large stock pot.
- Add onion, garlic and meat, and cook til meat is brown.
- Add the rest of ingredients and simmer for at least one hour.